GROW...in your faith
Following Jesus means that we are growing in maturity as we become more like Him. We become His disciples as we learn to live like Him, for which we offer class-based resources to help you on your journey.
- An Intensive is a study over a period of 4-6 weeks (usually), occasionally longer.
- A Forum is a one-time event.
- Classes/studies may be offered in the intensive or the forum format on an irregular basis. Watch the eBulletin and announcements for upcoming opportunities or contact info@theBeacon.church to let us know you are interested in a class.
Spiritual Gifts Test
It has been said, “He who buries his talent is making a grave mistake.”
How true this statement is for so many Christians. God has given each believer a spiritual gift that He wants us to use for His glory, but we often don’t use it. We may deny that we actually have a spiritual gift or if we do acknowledge it, we may doubt its usefulness to glorify God, and then just bury it. But we must realize that God wants us to be involved with His work. He is so gracious that by His Holy Spirit He freely distributes gifts to all who are saved. He not only wants us to know our spiritual gifts, but He expects us to grow in them each day.
Click the button below to take the Spritual Gifts Test. Use Code: 1CD2D4
Ephesians 4: 11-12
"And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ." Each of us were created and shaped to live out of one of these 5 base ministry gifts. There is one that we do better and more naturally than any of the others. It brings us the most life and the most joy. However, God doesn't only ask us to operate out of our strength but also out of our weakness. So many times he will give us a season to learn a Base Gift that isn't natural to us, but nonetheless is important for us to learn. Find out how your A.P.E.S.T giftings can impact your mission around you through our upcoming monthly classes.
Discover A.P.E.S.T. - Wednesday, February 12th, 2020
Apostles & Prophets - Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
Evangelists - Wednesday, April 1st, 2020
Shepherd & Teachers - Wednesday, May 6th, 2020
Roles & Goals - Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020
For more information, email Andy Cheung (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Who are these people?
How do I get more involved?
Can I be on the worship team?
- What are my NextSteps?
Who is it for?
- Seekers - those who are curious about God, Jesus, the Bible, or Christianity
- Starters - those who have just begun a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Returners - those who have some church experience, but have been away for a while
001 - Discover Baptism
Why should I be baptized?
- To follow the example set by Jesus. "At that time Jesus came from Nazareth and was baptized by John in the river." (Mark 1:9)
- Because Christ commands it. "Jesus said, 'Go then, to all people everywhere and make them my disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you." (Matthew 28:19-20)
- It demonstrates that I really am a Christ follower. ". . .many people who heard him believed and were baptized." (Acts 18:8); "We know that we have come to know Him, if we obey His commands." (1 John 2:3)
101 - Discover The Beacon*
*This class is required for any leadership or teaching position.
Sunday, March 22nd, 2020
Sunday, March 29th, 2020
For more information, email Reina Cuthill (email@example.com) for time & location.
201 - Discover Spiritual Growth
301 - Discover Your S.H.A.P.E.
- Spiritual Gifts
- Heart or Passion for particular ministries
- Abilities that are natural to you
- Experiences in your life
401 - Discover Your Mission
This class follows the Discover Your S.H.A.P.E. (301) class.
Awaken and Activate
- AWAKEN to the story God has decided to tell and has been telling through your life. This class takes you through specific discovery processes that 'awaken' you to God's unique call on your life. This intensive usually runs in one of two formats: Friday from 7-10pm and Saturday from 9am-4pm or three Tuesday evenings from 6-9pm. Time and Location TBA.
- ACTIVATE the call of God on your life by having it actually impact your calendar. This intensive usually runs all day on a Saturday (9am-4pm) and includes lunch. Please bring your Personal Calling Statement (from the AWAKEN workshop), your cell phone, your planner, and your laptop.
Financial Peace University (FPU)
Matthew 6:21 "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (NASB) OR "The place where your treasure is, is the place you most want to be, and end up being." (The Message)
What does the Bible say about Money?Almost everyone agrees that the Bible contains great advice about life, from improving your marriage to getting along with your boss at work, but does the Bible really say much about money? Does it really give us advice that we can apply to our own life in today's world?
The good news is--Yes, Absolutely! We believe the Bible is as relevant and helpful today as when it was written, and God has a lot to say about money. Did you know money is mentioned in the Bible over 800 times? God must be pretty serious about this subject to talk about it that much.
In fact, Jesus says in Luke 16:11, "So, if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?" It appears from this verse that God uses money as a test of our management and stewardship skills before entrusting us with spiritual things.
Money in the Bible:
- Proverbs 13:22 "A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children" indicating that God wants us to make a difference, financially, in our family tree.
- Proverbs 21:10 "In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has." This gives us an idea of how God wants us to save for a rainy day, to set something back for safekeeping.
- Proverbs 22:7 "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender." The Bible discourages debt? Does God really want me to pay off my debts and avoid debt?
- Luke 14:28 "For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it." Does Jesus really want me to save up and pay for the things I buy?
- Matthew 6:24 "You cannot serve both God and money."
There are many reasons, but the top reason is that most people don't realize how much of a problem managing money is for the average family.
- Marital Problems - 37% (the highest percentage) of marital problems derive from financial situations.
- Cash Flow - 70% of all consumers live paycheck to paycheck, meaning they run out of money before the end of the month.
- Savings - The average family would have to use a credit card to pay a $1,500 unexpected expense (ex: car or home repair).
- Retirement - Nearly half of all Americans (46%) have less than $10,000 saved for their retirement.